Liverpool defender Ibrahima Konate might be on his way to Real Madrid! According to reports, the 26-year-old has told Liverpool that he would think about joining Real Madrid this summer—if the Spanish team wants him.
Konate’s contract with Liverpool is almost up. He’ll enter the last year of his deal during the 2025-26 season, and it sounds like talks about a new contract are going pretty slowly.
Now, the Spanish sports newspaper Marca says Konate has let Liverpool know he’d be open to moving to Real Madrid. But he’ll only go if Real Madrid officially makes an offer.
Real Madrid, coached by Xabi Alonso, are looking for a new center-back—even after signing Dean Huijsen. Konate is one of the top names on their list.
However, Real Madrid might wait until next year to try and sign Konate. That’s because, if he doesn’t sign a new contract with Liverpool, he’ll be able to start talking to foreign clubs in January.
Earlier this year, Real Madrid did something similar when they signed Trent Alexander-Arnold from Liverpool. Liverpool will definitely want to avoid losing another key player the same way!
#Lomáscomentado | El Liverpool asume la marcha de Konaté… pero no se lo va a regalar al Real Madrid https://t.co/NazoCL88J7
— MARCA (@marca) July 13, 2025